WE DEPEND ON GOD
- To reveal truth to us by his spirit – through Scripture, teaching, prayer and the prophetic gifts.
- As we commit to follow where God leads and aspire to grow in our knowledge and love of Him.
Jesus said - “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EACH OTHER
- As we value every person equally and believe that each is a vital part of Christ’s body, the Church.
- As we demonstrate love for each other in word and action and foster unity while recognising the diversity within the body of Christ.
In Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4,5
WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF GRACE
- Everything we do should come from a heart of gratitude because of God’s amazing love for us.
- We seek to follow Jesus’s example of love and forgiveness, freely available to all because He paid the price for our sins when he died on the cross.
We love because God first loved us. 1 John 4:19
WE REACH OUT IN LOVE
- We are called to love one another and to bring the life changing love and hope of Christ to the world.
- To serve God by serving others with our time, talents and resources.
- To do all we can to encourage each other to live authentic lives that model the values of Jesus.
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.” Luke 4:18-19